How to Maximize your Rejuice! Cleanse
BEFORE your Cleanse
To ensure you get the best results from your cleanse, we suggest modifying your diet up to a week before you begin by eliminating:
In place of these items, we suggest consuming 80% raw foods, including fresh fruit and vegetables and an ample amount of water to keep you hydrated. To introduce the juices to your system before cleansing, you can also drink two to four cold pressed juices during the day and enjoy a dinner consisting of salad, steamed vegetables and a serving of lean protein.
DURING your Cleanse
To experience the best results during your cleanse:
- Drink one juice every 2 hours, starting with fruit smoothies (if you are on the Vital, Elimination or Active cleanse) and then consume the remaining juices throughout the day whenever you’re hungry.
- Drink 8–10 glasses of water, and/or herbal teas throughout the day.
- Do not drink or eat anything else during the cleanse.
- If you feel the need to eat something, have a few “raw” veggies. No dips or dressing (other than what is provided in the Vitality salad if you are on the Active or Elimination cleanse.)
- Keep juices refrigerated and shake well before drinking.
- Sip and “chew” your juice to maximize digestion.
- Exercise lightly to promote blood circulation. Try yoga, deep breathing and gentle cardio
- Exfoliate your skin, take saunas and hot baths
Water consumption works in tandem with your juice cleanse. Juices flood your body with live nutrients, encouraging your cells to release toxins and water helps to eliminate these toxins from your system.
What to expect on your Cleanse:
You may feel a little tired or hungry. This is a normal reaction when you cut your calorie intake. You may also feel weak and a little irritable. It will take some time for your body to adjust, so be patient. Dry brushing will help improve circulation, open your pores, and help with the cleansing process. Light physical activity, such as walking or yoga, will also help ease any symptoms you may experience. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Let your friends and family know you are on a cleanse.
The first few days are when your body and mind are most sensitive to changes and having support always helps. Most importantly, thank yourself for giving your body this time to rest and heal.
As you become a more experienced cleanser, you will learn how your body responds best. The process of periodic cleansing will become easier over time and your results will enhance every time you cleanse.
AFTER your Cleanse
Coming off your cleanse properly is important. The first day after a juice cleanse, continue to drink cold-pressed juices and smoothies and consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. At this point, your body will feel deeply rejuvenated—use this new experience to build momentum toward a healthier lifestyle.
- Have fruit smoothies for breakfast, and try to have at least one green juice a day, to continue enjoying the benefits of the cleanse.
- Drink coffee, and alcohol in minimal amounts. Replace with herbal teas and freshly made lemonades. Warm water with lemon is a great healthy alternative to begin your day.
- Eat raw veggies for snacks (hummus dip is good), and a variety of “raw unroasted” nuts and seeds for snacks (or add to your salads).
- Slowly start incorporating protein back into your diet.
- Try to wait at least a week before introducing dairy, gluten, or meat. This will help identify any true intolerance.
- Avoid refined sugar and white flour products, do not eat anything “processed”!